Every logo is completely unique and is priced as such. Because no two businesses are the same, we quote individually on a per-project basis
We also find that, after our initial discovery session, clients who initially just wanted a logo wish to start a more comprehensive branding
project that also incorporates logo design. If you’d like us to provide you with a quote
, get in touch with us to arrange your free consultation and we’ll go from there.
You can usually expect the process to take two weeks from the initial discovery session
through to completion of the final logo design. This timeframe may vary based on a few factors. For example, if our workload is looking pretty heavy at the time of your project, we’ll let you know before we take any payment that things might progress a little slower than expected. Likewise, if response times are slow on your end, or you require lots of additional changes to the final design, the process
might take a little longer.
At the initial design stage, we’ll show you three concepts
that we’ve created in line with your business objectives. Crafted through a meticulous design process
based on our findings in your discovery session, these initial logos will be benchmarked against any goals outlined at the start of the project.
We’ll then work with you to select the strongest idea from the three logos, before refining the concept. This will leave you with one final logo
, designed with your business strategy in mind. Once we’ve received payment, we’ll send over your logo files and pass copyright ownership to you.
We base your logo concepts on the answers you provide during the initial consultation
, so the more information you can give at this stage about what you’re looking for, the better your logo will be.
Each initial concept is backed by strategy
and design principles, and we’ll explain our thinking when we present them to you. By explaining why we’ve made certain decisions, you should be able to see why each logo will work for your business.
A logo isn’t just something that looks good; it serves a functional purpose. An effective logo may not always be to your personal taste, but it’s important to remember that you might not be the target market we’re looking to appeal to
. Every element of your logo is carefully considered by our logo designers and measured against the business goals outlined to us at the start of the process
When we start your project, we ask for a 50% deposit. In the unlikely event that you’re not happy with any of the logo designs at the end of the process, we won’t ask you to pay the final amount.
Logo Design - Final Files
Once everything is complete, signed off and paid for, we’ll send you a zip folder containing your new logo in all industry-standard file formats and colour profiles.
Included in your zip folder will be:
- JPEG - Small file size, perfect for applications such as email signatures.
- PNG - Lossless compression and transparency supported. Perfect choice for digital and web applications.
- PDF - Universally recognised vector file format. Useful for redistribution.
- EPS - Editable, scalable and transparent, this versatile format is perfect for any application, especially print.
- SVG - Editable, scalable and very small file size. Perfect for web and logo animation.
- AI - Adobe Illustrator file is the industry standard for easy editing and sharing with other designers.
- CMYK - Full colour logo. Industry standard for any print materials.
- RGB - Full colour logo. Industry standard for any on screen applications.
- PMS - Full colour logo. Highest degree of accuracy for precision printing.
- Positive Colour Profile - CMYK & RGB versions of your logo in full positive colour profile, for use on light backgrounds.
- Negative Colour Profile - CMYK & RGB versions of your logo in a negative colour profile. Inverse colours (predominantly white) for use on dark backgrounds.
- Black Silhouette - A pure black version of your logo is provided, ideal for use on black and white or single colour documents.
- White Silhouette - An all white version of your logo is provided. Perfect for use over full colour, patterned or photographic backgrounds.
Logo Style Guide
To make sure your new logo always looks its best, we’ll provide you with a complete style guide. This document will explain to your internal teams how to use your identity system, and can be passed to external design agencies to maintain brand consistency wherever your logo is used.
Logo Usage Document
We’ll also send you a logo usage document with detailed descriptions of the different file formats and colour profiles of your logo provided at the end of the project. This is your guide to making sure you always choose the right file for the use case at hand so your logo displays clearly and looks professional.
Your opinions are integral to the design process
, so we always encourage you to share your thoughts with us while we work on your logo design project. We want you to be happy
, and providing feedback throughout will help us to create a finished product that you’re satisfied with.
Once your final logo has been approved and paid for, you’re welcome to request a few tweaks, but any additional changes will be billed at an agreed hourly rate
. An hour is plenty of time for small revisions, but bigger amends will take longer.
After you’ve signed off your logo design and made any final payments, full copyright ownership of your logo will be transferred to you
. We do, however, reserve the right to display your logo as part of our portfolio
We can! We always design logos with simplicity and versatility in mind, so they look great with a little animation.
Animated logos are the perfect eye-catching addition to digital applications like websites and social media posts. To make sure you get the best results, we work closely with a third party for logo animation.
* Please be aware that animation is not included as standard, and will incur an additional cost.
Of course! We’re a full-service branding agency—it just happens that logos are a bit of a specialty of ours.
If you’re looking for a more in-depth brand identity project, you might be interested in:
- Corporate stationery design (business cards, letterheads, with compliments slips, envelopes etc)
- Document design (invoices, pdfs, presentations, pitch decks, proposals etc)
- Marketing collateral (promotional flyers, brochures, ebooks, posters etc)
- Social media branding (profile images, banners, ads, templates, quotes etc)
- Other print materials (menus, stickers, badges, pull-up banners etc)
- Anything your brand touches!
* Some projects require collaboration with 3rd party partners.
As an Aussie business, we love supporting local brands, offering expert brand identity and strategy
services to Melbourne and beyond. Because we’re super flexible, we can work with you no matter what city—or even country
—you’re in. If you’re looking for a branding agency to take your business to the next level, Red Kite delivers.